Monday, September 29, 2014
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Slowly replacing the negative thoughts with colors and beautiful things.
This is so beautiful
This is for you.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
I feel empty today.
- A comfy bed to sleep in
- My dad being supportive of my future and independence
- Telling my mother, “I don’t need a man to fix my shit” (in those words) after she scoffed and asked why I needed tools
- Staying in a clean place
- Having a room where I can hide and feel silence
- Binge watching Hulu shows because it helps me forget where I am
- Shampoo that smells nice
- Just a couple more days until I get to go home to DC
Going to hear back from places by the middle of this upcoming week hopefully. Just a few more days of nausea :P
Pretty happy to be back home and just take a break from driving up and down the entire Puget Sound for 3-4 days. I can definitely say I know WA a little better now :P The trees and the water were certainly beautiful.
Overall had a good time. Trying really hard to remind myself multiple times a day that worrying isn’t going to get me anywhere right now. It’s ingrained in so many of us to feel like our sense of worth is based on whether or not someone wants to employ us. Only time will tell…!
- Pumpkin spice latte…with an extra shot for a long day ^_^
- Some breathtaking views of Mt Ranier
- The Tacoma waterfront. It’s lovely.
- Everything about Bellevue is beautiful
- Trees, trees everywhere! The evergreen state!
- Seeing some cute vintage houses while looking for living
- Finding one safe AND clean (omgwtfbbq) apartment owned by a nice family
- Safely making it home
- Support from my friends no matter what happens
- Sleeping in my own bed
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Thursday, September 4, 2014
I’m here. Just for a few days.
Okay, first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJBKU9ALa0
Listen to this beautiful performance by Sam Smith when you want a good long cry. Listen to anything by Sam Smith when you want a good long cry.
Back to business. I’m hanging out in a hotel in Everett, WA. Flew up here for meetings/interviews/viewings of 3 clinics/companies, and looking at potential places to live. Overwhelming myself with looking at neighborhoods and places to live. You know that point where you’re on Craigslist and you start to think, “Well, I guess having 4 walls isn’t THAT important…” Values… being compromised… getting… delirious…
Way past that.
I’m going to take a break from freaking out about the future the night before my last interview(s). Calm down. Stop being nauseous. I got pretty nauseous when I was packing for this trip. Shit got a little too real.
- Roomie Facetiming me her first morning in Prague :)
- Safely flying over here
- My smoooooth ride in a Kia Soul. Damn. My Fit can’t accelerate for shit. But it can fit my sister with a wedding gown inside!!
- The anxiety melting away when I saw the trees and the mountains
- A lovely visit in Tacoma - lunch and a tour of popular neighborhoods included :)
- Good pad see ewe walking distance from the clinic… not bad :)
- The beautiful Tacoma waterfront
- Sleeping like a log!
- Exploring my options for opportunity #2 at different facilities
- The thought of taking up kayaking :)
Wish me luck for tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Moomz & Moo-haz got hitched!
I just wanted to say congratulations to my sister and now-big-brother on their special day. So great to see the people you love in the same place supporting your love for each other and the beautiful life you’re going to have. We are all so happy for you and wish you the best for continuing to take care of each other, cherish each other, and grow with each other. Happy honeymooning and don’t forget your sunblock!! :)
Your little sis
Noms of the summer (part 3)
Yup, had a good and busy summer. Didn’t do anything spectacular, but definitely happy to have made time for seeing my loved ones.
- The infamous lobster roll @ Sam’s Chowder House w/Roomie, Bear, and Little Meow
- Croque Madame on a wedding planning day w/Moomz, Moo-haz, and Beard
- Roomie treating me to spectacular waffles on the morning of my Commencement :)
- German lunch down the street from the Los Altos clinic during one of my Saturdays
- Waffle social at work!!
- Dipped cone @ Super Duper Burger for CHUAAA’s birthday reunion in SF :)
- Banana walnut fudge ice cream with chocolate chip cookies… Newman crew visiting Seminarian :) So great to see everyone together again. And seeing Seminarian with his collar :)
- Gelato in Sausalito during my personal getaway
- Fancy sliders: mushroom and goat cheese, chipotle chicken, and smoked salmon
- Mango and sticky rice for dessert after Commencement with my family and friends :)