Thursday, October 16, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
I forgot to post this! Went on a personal mini-retreat to Muir Woods over Memorial Day weekend this year :) Went to church in Mill Valley an biked to Sausalito for some Croque Madame :)
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Visiting 2 of the nicest people in the WORLD!
Packed up my bag yet again to head up to the Pacific Northwest - to PDX this time. Sasquatch was due for a birthday dinner and a campus visit, and China Boy was in NORTH AMERICA.
It was so nice to see Sasquatch and her little Yaris pull up at the airport to come get me. It had been about a year since I was there last, and it felt good to be back. Sasquatch already knew where we were eating for lunch and dinner :)
We did what we do best: eat, jam, and eat some more. Talk about things we both care about. I was so happy to see her. I’M SO PROUD OF HER FOR DOING WHAT SHE DOES.
And China Boy… we haven’t seen each other in at least 3 years! I don’t remember the last time I ran down the stairs to see somebody. There he was, sunshiney as always, and ON THE SAME CONTINENT. TIME ZONE AND EVERYTHING.
Re-met his parents and met his roommate in China. I love his mother. I want to feed her pumpkin spice lattes and listen to her talk about photography and go hiking. It was a truly pleasant visit.
- Southwest having a wicked sale on air fare… *CLICK*
- Hopping into Sasquatch’s car and hearing Boyce Ave on shuffle
- Chicken and rice… so delicious!
- Hammering on her Taylor SG mini and switching around on the ukelele
- Honestly, learning a new song I would not have even tried if it weren’t for Sasquatch pushing me
- My first crawfish experience with the crawfish expert
- Hushpuppies and jambalaya?!
- Picking up pearls of wisdom from Sasquatch’s books to help me deal with my anxiety
- Sleeping with a log in a fuzzy blanket
- Lying in bed and feeling my heart melt and vomit over stories Sasquatch told me (complemented by body slamming penguins)
- Seeing China Boy outside Sasquatch’s window!
- Adventure on Hawthorne… Thai food and looking through Powell’s
- Visiting birds at this wonderful bird sanctuary
- A goody bag from China Boy and his mom for my arrival ^_^
- Homemade ginger tea and looking at the stars
- Night walk (and not getting hit by a car, saved by Bass Player)
- Sitting on the floor like children and talking before bed
- Having my bottom sheets untucked so my feet don’t get trapped!
- Bass Player making breakfast and China Boy’s mom feeding me coffee!!
- One last drive to the airport with the gang and one last hug goodbye
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
I don’t think I’ve ever felt so sick and anxious after an interview. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. No “PHEW, IT’S OVER” and not even the “I hate waiting to find out but I will wait because I have to”… but like “I FEEL SICK AND WHY IS THERE A HIPPO SITTING ON MY CHEST.”
There were some good moments… and some not so good moments. It was long. They asked good questions. They asked hard questions. This clinic has very high standards. I wonder if it’s way over my head. I don’t know. I like it. I like the people. I like that they have high standards.
I love the location :)
It was a long interview.
I missed the train I was supposed to take, took the next one, and ran most of the way there. Very glad they had a nice water cooler.
Thankfully, Software Guy works around the corner and we met up for tea and coffee after the interview. We ventured campus, walked around the hood, and he showed me where he works. Unfortunately, the office dog had already gone home :(
Got on BART and then this hippo was like, “Hey I’m going to sit on your chest and give you feelings of nausea while you feel confused about nothing really specific in regards to your future and career.”
Feeling better now. Intermittently sick.
- Getting there on time, omgwtfbbq
- Being greeted by a very friendly office gal
- Catching my breath before the clinic director and clinic owner came out of the back office to see me
- Appreciating good questions during an interview
- Smoothly bringing out a copy of a newsletter I had written, and whatdayaknow, they want to start a newsletter soon
- Iced tea and coffee at Paris Baguette… and saying no to their doughnuts (and drugs)
- Walking. Walking makes me happy
- "Do you want to get some [ice cream]?" - "No I’m okay, but you can get some if you want some" - "I don’t really like ice cream" - "WHY DID YOU ASK IF I WANTED TO GET ICE CREAM" - "I just wanted to see if you wanted some!"
- Honestly, when people are really considerate
- Comfort texts from my friends when I got home
Those doughnuts, though… no guarantees next time.
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Running away to Canada
- Tattoos and motorcycles vs. red Porsche for Rugby Boy’s and my quarter-life crisis
- Thinking about real maple syrup on waffles and camping ^_^
- Monasteries and convents… they call to us
- Rugby Boy’s support in my crazy life decisions
- Completing yet another interview yesterday
- Completing part of said interview en espanol
- I guess the thought of wearing yoga pants and practicing barefoot?
- My ultimate comfort food this week: Earl Grey and whole wheat waffles with clover blossom honey
- Hanging with Sissy today
- Going to SJ to practice “lie down” and “roll over” with Peny :)
Monday, September 29, 2014
- Egg scramble and potatoes with Basil for breakfast
- Waking up early and enjoying the morning air
- Cleaning the kitchen and bathroom and the idea of them staying clean for at least a week :)
- The dream of one day living solo again
- That little shoebox I lived in during my internship in Bike Town. It was small, but it was mine, and it was clean. All the time. Also a great paint job.
- Coffee all day everyday
- Also Earl Grey when I’m feeling fancy
- Helping Koko & Lezzie prep for their Europe trip ^__^
- Toaster waffles and honey… with tea… ^_____^
- Returning to my alma mater to proctor for the first years’ practical exam, and seeing friends from school :)
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Slowly replacing the negative thoughts with colors and beautiful things.
This is so beautiful
This is for you.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
I feel empty today.
- A comfy bed to sleep in
- My dad being supportive of my future and independence
- Telling my mother, “I don’t need a man to fix my shit” (in those words) after she scoffed and asked why I needed tools
- Staying in a clean place
- Having a room where I can hide and feel silence
- Binge watching Hulu shows because it helps me forget where I am
- Shampoo that smells nice
- Just a couple more days until I get to go home to DC
Going to hear back from places by the middle of this upcoming week hopefully. Just a few more days of nausea :P
Pretty happy to be back home and just take a break from driving up and down the entire Puget Sound for 3-4 days. I can definitely say I know WA a little better now :P The trees and the water were certainly beautiful.
Overall had a good time. Trying really hard to remind myself multiple times a day that worrying isn’t going to get me anywhere right now. It’s ingrained in so many of us to feel like our sense of worth is based on whether or not someone wants to employ us. Only time will tell…!
- Pumpkin spice latte…with an extra shot for a long day ^_^
- Some breathtaking views of Mt Ranier
- The Tacoma waterfront. It’s lovely.
- Everything about Bellevue is beautiful
- Trees, trees everywhere! The evergreen state!
- Seeing some cute vintage houses while looking for living
- Finding one safe AND clean (omgwtfbbq) apartment owned by a nice family
- Safely making it home
- Support from my friends no matter what happens
- Sleeping in my own bed